Chief Master Sergeant Jason R. Henke is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 131st Bomb Wing at Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri. The 131st Bomb Wing is a classic associate unit with the 509th Bomb Wing and is equipped with the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber. He is responsible to the 131st Bomb Wing commander on all issues regarding the welfare, readiness, morale and proper utilization and progress of the wing's enlisted personnel. He additionally serves as the functional manager for the wing’s group superintendents and first sergeants, and acts as an advisor to junior enlisted, senior enlisted, first sergeant, and chief’s councils.
Chief Henke entered the Missouri Air National Guard in October 2001. He graduated from the Signals Intelligence Analysis Apprentice Course at Goodfellow AFB, Texas, in July 2003. His background includes various intelligence duties within the Air Operations Center-Weapon System, flight noncommissioned officer in charge, unit career advisor, additional duty first sergeant, first sergeant, and two deployments in support of operations Nomad Shadow, Inherent Resolve, Freedom’s Sentinel, and Resolute
Support. Chief Henke was also assigned to the Missouri National Guard Counterdrug Task Force for over a decade as a Civil Operations Specialist and Criminal Intelligence Analyst.
Chief Master Sgt. Henke has four years of industry experience managing projects in the civilian government sector and healthcare information technology field. Prior to assuming his current position, the Chief was the Senior Enlisted Leader for the 131st Mission Support Group at Whiteman AFB, Missouri.
2002 Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2003 Signals Intelligence Apprentice Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2005 Airman Leadership School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2008 Associate of Applied Science, Communications Applications Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Bachelor of Arts, Interdisciplinary Studies, Columbia College, Kansas City, Mo.
2009 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2010 Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance & Operations Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2015 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2015 United States First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2016 Associate of Applied Science, Human Resources Management, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2017 Contemporary Base Issues Course, Moffett Federal Airfield, Mountain View, Calif.
2017 Mentoring for Results, Center for Creative Leadership, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
2020 Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Andrews AFB, Md.
2021 Senior Enlisted Joint PME-II, Joint Knowledge Online, Suffolk, Va., by correspondence
1. October 2001–March 2002, Student Flight, 157th Air Operations Group, Jefferson Barracks Air National Guard Station, Mo.
2. March 2002–May 2002, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. May 2002–February 2003, Student Flight, 157th Air Operations Group, Jefferson Barracks ANGS, Mo.
4. February 2003–July 2003, Student, Signals Intelligence Analysis Apprentice Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
5. July 2003–June 2008, Collection Manager, 157th Air Operations Group, Jefferson Barracks ANGS, Mo.
6. June 2008–January 2015, Collection Requirements Management Flight Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, 157th Air Operations Group, Jefferson Barracks ANGS, Mo.; (October 2010–April 2011, Orbit Revert Operator, 450th Intelligence Squadron, Ramstein Air Base, Germany)
7. January 2015–October 2016, First Sergeant, 157th Air Operations Group, Jefferson Barracks ANGS, Mo.; (January 2016–July 2016, Intelligence Surveillance & Reconnaissance Cell Superintendent, 609th Air Operations Center, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
8. October 2016–July 2019, First Sergeant, 131st Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
9. July 2019–November 2020, Superintendent, 157th Air Intelligence Squadron, Jefferson Barracks ANGS, Mo.
10. November 2020–June 2022, Senior Enlisted Leader, 131st Mission Support Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
11. June 2022–Present, Command Chief, 131st Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Army Achievement Medal
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Missouri Commendation Ribbon
Missouri National Guard Long Service 20 Year Ribbon
Missouri National Guard Expeditionary Ribbon
Missouri Military Funeral Honors Ribbon
Missouri First Sergeant Ribbon
Missouri Basic Training Ribbon
2003 Distinguished Graduate, Signals Intelligence Apprentice Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2010 Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, Jefferson Barracks ANGS, Mo.
2015 Honor Graduate, United States First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 First Sergeant of the Year, 131st Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars
Life Member, Enlisted Association of the National Guard
Life Member, Missouri National Guard Association
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class Oct. 13, 2001
Senior Airman June 27, 2003
Staff Sergeant Oct. 20, 2005
Technical Sergeant Nov. 1, 2007
Master Sergeant Jan. 20, 2012
Senior Master Sergeant Dec. 20, 2016
Chief Master Sergeant Oct. 1, 2019
(Current as of August 2022)