Col. Jared P. Kennish Jr. is the Vice Wing Commander, 131st Bomb Wing, Missouri Air National Guard, Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri. In this capacity, he is second in command of the National Guard's only B-2 Spirit stealth bomber wing providing combat-ready Airmen for both state and federal missions. As part of the Chief of Staff of the Air Force's and Director of the Air National Guard's Total Force Integration initiative, Col. Kennish has been instrumental in the integration of the 131st Operations Group into a classic associate group with the 509th Operations Group, flying the B-2 at Whiteman AFB. He is responsible for the Air National Guard's B-2 and T-38 Talon aircraft operations.
Col. Kennish received his commission through the United States Air Force Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, Alabama, in August 1998. He attended Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training at Columbus AFB, Mississippi, and B-1B Lancer bomber training at Dyess AFB, Texas. Col. Kennish served as a B-1B Pilot, in the 37th Bomb Squadron at Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota, where he was also the Squadron Flight Safety Officer. In December 2002, he transitioned to the B-2, serving in the 325th Bomb Squadron and the 13th Bomb Squadron.
Col. Kennish joined the Missouri Air National Guard in July 2008 as part of the initial cadre of the wing's B-2 pilots and was part of the highly-successful Total Force partnership between the 131st Bomb Wing and the active-duty 509th Bomb Wing. As a Missouri Guardsman, Col Kennish was instrumental in the wing's conversion from the F-15 Eagle fighter jet to the B-2. He has commanded at the squadron and group levels, both at home station and on deployment. Prior to assuming his current position, the colonel was the Commander, 131st Operations Group, Whiteman AFB, Missouri.
1995 Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, University of Rhode Island, Kingston
1998 U.S. Air Force Officer Training School, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
1998 Specialized Undergraduate Pilot School, Columbus AFB, Miss.
2000 B-1 Pilot Training Course, Dyess AFB, Texas
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2006 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2012 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2016 Air War College, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. August 1998–December 1998, Student Pilot, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot School, Columbus AFB, Miss.
2. December 1998–September 2000, B-1 Pilot Training Course, Dyess AFB, Texas
3. September 2000–December 2002, B-1 Pilot, 37th Bomb Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
4. January 2003–June 2008, B-2 Instructor Pilot, 13th Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
5. July 2008–January 2009, B-2 Instructor Pilot, 110th Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
6. January 2009–July 2010, Chief OGV, 131st Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
7. July 2010–May 2011, Chief OGV, 509th & 131st Bomb Wings, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
8. May 2011–September 2012, Director of Operations, 509th Operations Support Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
9. September 2012–August 2013, Chief of Plans & Programs, 131st Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
10. August 2013–October 2015, Commander, 110th Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
11. October 2015–July 2020, Commander 131st Operations Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.; (May 2017–Jun 2017, Commander, 322nd Air Expeditionary Group, Royal Air Force Fairford, United Kingdom)
12. July 2020–Present, Vice Commander, 131st Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 3,000
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, B-1 and B-2
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Good Conduct Medal
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with “N” device
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon
Air Force Longevity Service Award with four oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with bronze hourglass device
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
Air Force Training Ribbon
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Missouri National Guard Recruiting and Retention Ribbon
Missouri National Guard Long Service 5 Year Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Aug. 14, 1998
First Lieutenant Aug. 14, 2000
Captain Aug. 14, 2002
Major May 1, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel June 12, 2013
Colonel Jan. 1, 2017
(Current as of January 2022)