Chief Master Sergeant Jessica L. Settle is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 131st Bomb Wing, Missouri Air National Guard, Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri. The 131st Bomb Wing is a classic associate unit with the 509th Bomb Wing and is equipped with the B-2 Spirit. She is responsible to the 131st Bomb Wing commander on all issues regarding the welfare, readiness, morale and proper utilization and progress of the wing's enlisted personnel. She is the functional manager for group superintendents and first sergeants and an advisor to the Junior Enlisted, First Sergeant, and Chief's Councils.
Chief Master Sergeant Settle enlisted in the active duty Air Force in October 1996 and after completing Basic Military Training, she attended aerospace medical services specialist technical school at Sheppard AFB, Texas. While on active duty, she served as an aerospace medical service technician. In 2008, she was assigned to the 509th Bomb Wing, in the Wings Plans section developing medical training and exercise scenarios for the base. Also, in 2008 after serving 12 years on active duty, Chief Master Settle ended her tenure with the active duty and enlisted in the Air National Guard, continuing her career as an Aerospace Medical Service technician. In 2010, she was hand-selected to set-up the first Squadron Medical Element within the 131st Operations Group. Then, she served as the human resource advisor for the 131st Bomb Wing. Prior to her current position, she served as the superintendent for the 131st Medical Group, managing the enlisted force to meet home station and expeditionary mission requirements.
2000 Allergy/Immunization School, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, D.C
2002 Airman Leadership School, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz.
2009 Associate of Allied Health Science, Community College of the AF, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell, Ala., by correspondence
2013 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Professional Military Education, Maxwell, Ala., by correspondence
2015 Bachelor of Arts, Ashford University, Clinton, Iowa
2016 Master Exercise Practitioner Program, Emergency Management Institute, Emmitsburg, Md.
1. October 1996 - November 1996, Basic Military Training, 383rd Training Squadron, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. November 1996 - May 1997, Aerospace Medical Service Specialist Training Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. May 1997 - July 1997, Aerospace Medical Service Specialist Training Course, Travis AFB, Calif.
4. July 1997 - January 2006, Medical Service Journeyman, 355th Medical Group, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
5. January 2006 - March 2008, Medical Service Craftsman, 509th Medical Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
6. March 2008 - December 2008, NCOIC, Emergency Management Exercise, 509th Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
7. December 2008 - January 2010, Medical Service Craftsman, 131st Medical Group, Lambert Air National Guard Base, St Louis, Mo.
8. January 2010 - August 2013, Squadron Medical Element, 131st Operations Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
9. August 2013 - March 2014, Wing Human Resource Advisor, 131st Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
10. March 2014 - July 2016, Medical Group Superintendent, 131st Medical Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
11. July 2016 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 131st Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement medal with two oak leaf clusters
2003 Medical Group Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2004 Real Pro Award from Command Surgeon General
2005 Air Combat Team Aerospace Award
2007 Top Performer Award, Conventional Operational Readiness Inspection
2012 Operations Group Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2013 Health Services Inspection resulting in an "Outstanding" rating
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
The Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States
Missouri National Guard Association
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic Oct 2, 1996
Airman First Class April 2, 1997
Senior Airman Oct 2, 1999
Staff Sergeant Oct 1, 2002
Technical Sergeant July 1, 2006
Master Sergeant April 28, 2010
Senior Master Sergeant Sept 13, 2013
Chief Master Sergeant Oct 27, 2015
(Current as of August 2018)