REAL ID Act changes affect MO, MN, WA, American Samoa ID holders
By Staff Report, 131st/509 Bomb Wing Public Affairs
/ Published August 10, 2016
WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE, Mo. --
Beginning September 15, 2016, Whiteman AFB no longer accepts the following state issued driver licenses (DL) or state issued IDs that do not meet the Real ID Act of 2005 standards for unescorted access purposes: Minnesota, Missouri, Washington, and American Somoa. Person(s) requesting access with one of the listed state DLs or IDs will also need to present along with the non-compliant DL/ID one of the documents below to prove identity in order to be issued a pass or given unescorted access to Whiteman AFB.
- U.S. Passport / U.S Passport Card
- Foreign passport / Permanent Resident Card / Alien Registration Receipt Card / Certificate of Naturalization / Certificate of Citizenship / Border Crossing Card
- Identification card issued by Federal, State, or local government agencies, provided it contains a photograph and biographic information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Cards/Credentials
- PIV or Federally-Issued PIV-1 Cards (Personal Identification Verification) issued by the Federal Government or Non-Federal Government entities
- DHS “Trusted Traveler Cards” (Global entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
Person(s) requesting access with a non-compliant form of identification and cannot provide a supplemental document as listed above, must be escorted by a DoD ID cardholder at all times while on Whiteman AFB.
If you have any questions, call the base Visitors Center at 660-687-6164/7959.